Terms & Conditions
‘I’, ‘me’, ‘my’, ‘you’, ‘yours’, ‘yourself’, and ‘hirer’ refer jointly and severally to the person or persons who are the Customers.
‘Customer means the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading ‘Hirers Name / Contact’ on the Rental Agreement, any person whose credit or debit card is presented in payment of the Customer’s charges, or any person who deems themselves to be the legal entity and ultimately responsible for the motorhome. Should the legal entity be different from the driver, then full name, address, and contact phone numbers must be supplied.
‘FS Motorhomes’ means FS Motorhomes, F2 Gilmerton Camp, Athelstaneford, North Berwick, EH39 5LQ
‘This Agreement’ means the Rental Agreement, the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement, and these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and any other FS Motorhomes literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply
‘Booking’ the confirmed reservation of a motorhome hire and includes the payment of the Booking deposit and/ or full balance for the rental.
‘Booking Deposit’ means the monetary amount required to confirm the motorhome Booking.
Means the hire period as stated on the Rental Agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the Vehicle is in the Customer’s possession or control.
Means the vehicle as stated on the Rental Agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the Living Equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the Vehicle and any replacement or substitute Vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of FS Motorhomes.
A Mystery Vehicle is exactly that, a mystery, and is allocated to hires on the day of collection. With a Mystery Vehicle, we guarantee that the motorhome will sleep at a minimum the number of people you have booked for (2, 4, or 6 people) but you may get a 2, 4, 5, or 6 berths when you book a mystery 2 berth or 4, 5 or 6 berth when you book a mystery 4 berth. You cannot specify the layout or model you will receive. To guarantee a specific layout or model of motorhome you would need to book a specific model and not a Mystery Vehicle. Specifications on mystery vehicles may differ from standard FS Motorhomes specifications and extras and living equipment like TVs cannot be guaranteed.
Includes but is not limited to the following; TV, DVD player & aerial, Radio/USB stereo, oven, crockery, cutlery & cooking utensils.
Means the amount held as security by FS Motorhomes in relation to this hire.
Is deemed as any damage sustained to any part of the Vehicle, its equipment, and or any third party property which occurs above 6 feet (1.83 meters) in height measured from the ground upwards.
F2 Gilmerton Camp, Athelstaneford, North Berwick EH39 5LQ
- Depot hours
Summer Hours: 2nd March to 31st October
• Monday to Saturday: 08h00 – 18h00*
- Sundays, Christmas & New Year: closed
Winter hours: 1st November to 1st March.
• Monday to Saturday: 08h00 – 17h00*
• Sundays, Christmas & New Year: closed
*Last collection time for all Vehicles is 1 hour prior to depot closing; it typically takes 1 hour to hand over the Vehicle, all systems required to check out the Vehicle are closed off 1 hour prior to depot closure and staff are unable to process any collections or returns after this time. Unfortunately, if you do arrive after this close time you will need to make alternative arrangements, at your own cost until the office re-opens the next working day.
- Hire rates quoted to include:
– Unlimited mileage
– UK standard Vehicle insurance*
– UK standard equipment & breakdown**
All prices quoted in the Agreement are gross prices.
*Insurance loading. In some cases, FS Motorhomes will incur additional charges if the driver to be insured has a traffic conviction, more than 1 insurance claim, or is in an occupation that is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the Customer.
** FS Motorhomes will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the motorhome. Any call-out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e.g. a flat vehicle battery, wrong or insufficient fuel, keys locked in a motorhome, etc, will be the responsibility of the client.
Every fault of the vehicle or systems have to be reported immediately. Delay or attempt to hide any fault will result with additional charges.
- Minimum Hire
This ranges from 3 to 7 nights depending on the season. FS Motorhomes reserves the right to increase the minimum hire period for certain events.
- One-way hire
FS Motorhomes can only arrange one-way hires where collection has taken place from our Gilmerton depot and the Vehicle is returned to an alternative location. We are unable to deliver the motorhomes to a location. Availability is not guaranteed, and is only on a request and confirm basis at the time of booking. Prices are per motorhome. Normal return times and conditions apply unless otherwise agreed in advance. Prices for alternative return locations are available on request. Please note that our motorhome refill package is not available for one-way hires.
• Edinburgh airport return = £150.00
- London airport (any) return = £500.00
- Bristol airport return = £500.00
- East midlands airport return = £350.00
• Leeds airport (any) return = £350.00
- Newcastle airport (any) return = £350.00
• Glasgow airport return = £350.00
- Manchester airport return = £350.00
• Dublin airport return = £700.00
• Paris Charles de Gaulle airport = £600.00
• Amsterdam Schiphol airport= £600.00
A Booking is only binding after it has been confirmed by FS Motorhomes and a Booking payment of 50% of the total hire cost has been received. Bookings require full payment at the time of booking and are non-refundable. Our terms and conditions including cancellation policy apply from this point onwards. Once the booking is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent out to the client. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due six weeks prior to departure. Just go reserves the right to cancel the Booking if payment is not received six weeks prior to departure. Payment is accepted by credit card (Visa or MasterCard only), debit cards, or bank transfers.
For late Bookings (less than six weeks before departure) the full rental price is payable on Booking. Vehicles will not be released without full payment being completed. FS Motorhomes reserves the right to increase the Booking deposit for certain events or promotions.
- Cancellation charges
• More than 6 weeks before: 50% of total hire cost or Booking Deposit (whichever is greater)
• 6 weeks – 2 weeks: 75% of the total hire charge
• 2 weeks – No Show: 100% of the total hire charge
A ‘No Show’ is deemed as the Customer not presenting themselves on the first day of the Rental Period to collect their motorhome and not communicating to FS Motorhomes prior to this date that they will be collecting the Vehicle on an alternative date/time within the booked Rental Period. Should the hire be deemed a No Show, the Booking will be automatically canceled at the close of business that day and the Vehicle will be released for re-hire by another party. No refunds whatsoever will be due.
FS Motorhomes cannot postpone or transfer money from one hire to another. FS Motorhomes reserves the right to amend our cancellation policy for certain events.
• Caravan Club express membership: £56.00 for a yearly membership
• Additional driver: £10.00 per person, per night, up to a maximum of 2 additional drivers per hire with clean driving licenses
• Points on a license (UK licenses only): £2.00 per point, per night. Convictions with the following codes may not get cover AC, BA, CD, DD, DR, MS, TT, UT, and IN. Please check with FS Motorhomes if you wish to insure a driver who has any of these endorsement codes on their license even if you think they have expired
• Collision Damage Waiver (CDW): £35.00 per night (terms apply, please see section 29, Collision Damage Waiver for further details)
• Motorhome refill package: £99.00 (terms apply, please see section 11, Motorhome refill package)
• Dover/Calais Ferry crossings, return crossing for motorhome and passengers £190.00 in the winter and £245.00 in the summer. Summer rates apply for all ferry crossing within May, June, July, August, September, and October, plus Christmas and Easter periods
• European mains hook up adaptor: £5.00 per item (purchased not rented)
• AdBlue: £12.00 per 10 litre bottle (purchased not rented)
• Taxi transfers:
• Edinburgh Airport to Gilmerton Depot £10.00 per person
• Gilmerton Depot to Edinburgh Airport £10.00 per person
• Glasgow Airport to or from Gilmerton depot:
Glasgow: Car £90.00, MPV £120.00.
Glasgow Prestwick: Car £120.00, MPV £150.00.
• Other: Prices on Request
• Prices are per journey
For extras that are charged on a nightly basis, the maximum charge term is 7 nights. All extras are subject to availability.
- European Travel
For those traveling within Europe, there is an additional charge of £15.00 per night for European cover (including European roadside assistance). European cover is mandatory and you will be in breach of these terms and conditions should you take a motorhome into Europe without taking out the additional European cover. The maximum charge term for European cover is 21 nights.
The following Countries are covered by the European Travel Insurance:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland (including Liechtenstein), Sweden.
Travel outside of the countries listed above will be in breach of these terms and conditions and you will not be covered by any insurance. Please check your route carefully and ensure you do not go outside of these countries.
- Ireland Travel
For those traveling within Ireland, there is an additional charge of £10.00 per night for your Ireland cover (including Irish roadside assistance). Ireland cover is mandatory and you will be in breach of these terms and conditions should you take a motorhome into Ireland without taking out Ireland cover insurance. The maximum charge term for Ireland cover is 21 nights.
- Motorhome refill package offers a refill package which means that you can return the motorhome empty of diesel, gas, and AdBlue and we will refill all of them for a single charge of £99.00. The refill package must be pre-booked and pre-paid for in advance and prior to your departure and is only offered to hirers returning to the depot. It cannot be taken out on the return of the motorhome. Should any of the tanks not be completely empty on your return or you hired a Vehicle that does not require AdBlue, no refund or discount is offered on the price of the package. Should you choose to not take this out in advance and return the motorhome with any of the diesel, gas, or AdBlue tanks not completely full then our standard refill charges will apply, please see section 17, Rental and other charges for full details. Subject to availability.
- Car Parking facilities
FS Motorhomes does allow Customers to leave their Vehicles at their own risk on-site for the duration of their motorhome hire as long as:
• they do so at their own risk; FS Motorhomes cannot and will not be held liable for any damage caused to their Vehicle whilst on site
• the Customer locks and secures their Vehicle and removes any personal items on show
• the Customer retains custody of their Vehicles keys
- Motorhome Collection & Return
• Collection: Standard collection times are between 15h00 – 18h00. You must arrive at least 1 hour prior to depot closing. Please see section 2, depot hours for further details. Please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot; this allows us to complete the documentation and demonstrate your vehicle to you. All drivers need to be present on collection of the motorhome and must bring their full valid license and passport and credit or debit card for Security Deposit. Please see section 27, Drivers for further details.
Note: FS Motorhomes will make every effort to have your motorhome ready for the collection time you have selected however FS Motorhomes cannot guarantee that your Vehicle will be ready for this time. Should this be the case no refunds will be due to you, there will be no extension of your hire, and the motorhome will still be required to be returned in accordance with the details set out below.
• Return: Standard return times are between 08h00 – 11h00. The Vehicle must be returned on the correct date and before the time stated on the rental agreement. Hirer will be liable for the full Security Deposit amount should they abandon the Vehicle without agreement from FS Motorhomes – please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot. Vehicles must be returned undamaged, with a full tank of diesel, AdBlue (2019 Ford models only and all 2020 models), and gas unless the Motorhome refill package has been purchased in advance, see section 11. The wastewater and toilet cassette must be emptied prior to return and the interior clean, in the same conditions as when the motorhome left the depot otherwise a charge will be made for additional valeting and/or upholstery cleaning if required. In addition, a separate toilet cleaning fee will apply if the toilet waste tank is not empty on return. Please see section 17, Rental and other charges for further details. Please note that there are no toilet emptying facilities at FS Motorhomes depot so this must be emptied prior to return. Motorhomes must be returned to the depot stated on the rental agreement. Should a motorhome be returned to the wrong depot then a relocation fee of £500.00 will be charged.
• Lost property: It is the hirers’ responsibility to make sure that upon return of the motorhome all of their personal possessions & rubbish are removed from the Vehicle. The Vehicle may be going back out again on hire that same day, FS Motorhomes cannot be held responsible should an item be left on board. FS Motorhomes will do our utmost to contact the hirer if items are handed in, these items will only be stored for 2 weeks before disposal/charity.
• Late return: If you will be late returning, FS Motorhomes must be advised immediately. Failure to do so may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured. An additional charge of £100.00 per hour will also be payable for all late returns.
- Motorhome Systems
FS Motorhomes will carry out a full Pre Checkout Inspection (PCI) on every motorhome before the commencement of your hire. The PCI involves testing every system onboard the motorhome to ensure they are operating correctly. In conjunction with this, the hirer will be taken on a tour of the motorhome and shown how each system works. Should an onboard system fail during your hire, FS Motorhomes will make every effort to remedy the fault whilst you are away but in some circumstances, this may not be possible and FS Motorhomes cannot be held responsible and will not refund any monies should a loss of service be encountered nor have any obligation to provide a replacement Vehicle. FS Motorhomes cannot be held responsible for any consequential events, losses, or costs arising out of the failure of any items/system onboard the motorhome. In the case of winter hire, FS Motorhomes cannot and will not be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconveniences caused by freezing conditions. This is the responsibility of the hirer.
- Vehicle acceptance
• You acknowledge having received the Vehicle in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the Motorhome Handover Checklist and with a full diesel tank, full AdBlue tank (2019 Ford models only, and all 2020 models).
• You acknowledge that FS Motorhomes will not refund to you any monies if the Vehicle is returned or you cease to have use of the Vehicle or an item of equipment on the vehicle prior to the return date for any reason e.g. Accident, weather, theft, or damage
- Change of Vehicle
FS Motorhomes reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a comparable Vehicle for the Vehicle ordered. In that event, you shall not be liable for any increased rental pertaining to the substitute vehicle. Such substitution shall not entitle you to any refund and does not constitute a breach of This Agreement.
Should the Customer decide to change the motorhome that they have booked, subject to availability FS Motorhomes will try to accommodate the request where possible. Should there be an increase in the daily rental cost, the client will be liable for the increased premium in line with section 6, payment terms. Should the daily rental cost be lower, the original booked price will stand and no refund will be given. Should FS Motorhomes not be able to accommodate the request and the customer(s) decides to cancel the booking, FS Motorhomes cancellation terms shall apply, see section 7, cancellation charges for more details.
- Rental and Other Charges
You will pay FS Motorhomes:
a) All rental charges
b) The Security Deposit
c) an Administration fee of £25.00 per amendment of a confirmed booking or per penalty charge notice received
d) The nominated valeting fee and /or upholstery cleaning fee if the Vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition
e) The nominated additional fee of £150.00 if the toilet and wastewater tank are not emptied prior to the return of the vehicle
f) The nominated refilling fee should any of the Diesel, AdBlue, and or the LPG tanks not be returned completely full (unless the fuel package was pre-purchased prior to departure) are:
• ¾ to full = £75.00
• ½ to ¾ full = £90.00
• ¼ to ½ full = £120.00
• empty to ¼ full = £140.00
• £25.00 regardless of level
g) The Late fee of £100.00 per hour should the Vehicle be returned after the agreed time as stated on the rental agreement
h) The nominated cancellation fee as per the cancellation policy in the event of cancellation of This Agreement prior to acceptance or delivery of the Vehicle
i) The cost of any damage to the Vehicle or third party property, subject to the insurance or CDW cover
j) The insurance excess should there be damage involving third party property or the theft of the Vehicle. This applies in respect of each claim, not hire.
k) All government fees and duties etc
l) All parking fines, other fines or penalties, and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the Vehicle during the Rental Period
m) Any other fees or charges payable by you pursuant to This Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by FS Motorhomes as a result of any breach by you of the terms of This Agreement
n) Demurrage; the nightly rental rate for the period the Vehicle is off fleet; e.g. for accident repairs
o) Any additional costs over and above the Security Deposit value should damages exceed the Security Deposit value
p) The cost to recover a Vehicle
q) In the case of gross negligence FS Motorhomes reserves the right to recover full costs in order to return the motorhome to the state in which it was handed over
- Errors in Rental Charges
Total charges as set out therein are not final. You agree to pay any shortfall in charges to FS Motorhomes and you will receive a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by FS Motorhomes.
- Security Deposit
There is a refundable GB£1500.00 Security Deposit payable by credit card or debit card. The card should be in the lead driver’s name and the amount will be debited from your account immediately. Prepaid currency cards cannot be accepted. FS Motorhomes reserves the right to increase the Security Deposit in certain circumstances or for specific events e.g. World Cup events, Festivals, clients traveling with pets, for any other hire where the Motorhome is carrying 4 or more adults, and if the Security Deposit is paid in cash to GB£2000.00. Cheque payments are not accepted against the Security Deposit.
a) On taking delivery of the Vehicle, you agree to pay the Security Deposit
b) You irrevocably authorize FS Motorhomes to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due by you to FS Motorhomes arising out of This Agreement
c) In the event that FS Motorhomes elects to accept payment of the Security Deposit by holding an open security payment; a pre-authorization for the full security amount will be processed and authorized by the Customer either by entering their card details and submitting them through our online self-check-in system or by inputting their card into our card terminal and entering their pin number
d) The Security Deposit will be refunded within 7 working days or the open security payment will be automatically released by our bank once the Vehicle has been returned to the depot as per the criteria set out in section 13, Motorhome collection and return, and as long as there are no outstanding insurance claims. It will not be refunded on the return of the motorhome. If it was paid for in cash, this will be refunded by bank transfer
e) Should any damages or costs exceed the Security Deposit the Customer will be responsible to settle all additional costs over and above the Security Deposit value within 7 days of being notified of the cost.
Note: Where the hirer has opted for the CDW option and has complied with its terms stated below (clause 29), no excess will be charged in the event of a road traffic accident (RTA) or collision, but they should be aware that the Security Deposit will be used to fund any loss or damage whatsoever to equipment, fixtures, and fittings, windows, valeting or upholstery fees, refueling costs or negligent damage to the Vehicle. Should these damages exceed the Security Deposit held, the Customer will be liable for the total cost, and the difference will need to be settled within 7 days of returning the motorhome.
- Use of the Vehicle
You agree that during the Rental Period, you will not and will not allow the Vehicle to be:
a) Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner
b) Used in a manner that could cause damage
c) Driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated by you to FS Motorhomes
d) Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law
e) Left open whilst the Vehicle is unoccupied
f) Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied
g) Left unoccupied without the TV/DVD covered
h) Driven by persons
i. Under the age of 25 years
ii. Aged 76 or over
iii. Who is not authorized by law to drive the Vehicle. Particulars of a proposed licensed driver of the Vehicle are set out under the heading ‘Hire’s name/ contact’ on the Rental Agreement
i) Damaged by:
i. Submersion in water
ii. Contact with Salt Water
j) Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally, or contest
k) Used to tow any Vehicle or trailer
l) Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
m) Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Vehicle manual or on the Vehicle or specified in This Agreement
n) Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives, or other corrosive or inflammable material
o) Otherwise used in breach of my obligations under This Agreement21. Road Restrictions
a) All Vehicles may only be driven on sealed / bitumen roads
b) You acknowledge that FS Motorhomes reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict Vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause
22. Alterations to the Vehicle
You shall not make any alterations or additions to the Vehicle without the prior written consent of FS Motorhomes
23.Title to Vehicle
You acknowledge that FS Motorhomes retains title to the Vehicle and its contents and that you possess the goods as a mere bailee only. You do not have any right to pledge FS Motorhomes credit in connection with the Vehicle and agree not to do so. You shall not agree, attempt, offer, or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the Vehicle.
All FS Motorhomes motorhomes are non-smoking Vehicles that include the use of vapes & e-cigarette. FS Motorhomes reserves the right to impose additional Valeting and or Upholstery cleaning fees and charge demurrage should smoke be detected in the motorhome.
FS Motorhomes authorizes the use of these Vehicles up to the stated number of passengers. Each person is to use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst the Vehicle is in motion. Here listed are the numbers of people, including the driver that each motorhome can legally carry: 2 berth = 2 passengers, 4 berth = 4 passengers, 5 berth = 5 passengers, 6 berth = 6 passengers. Carrying more than the specified number of passengers is against the law and in breach of This Agreement. Child seats are available (see section 8 Extras for applicable fees) and it is the responsibility of the hirer to fit them themselves. Children up to 12 years of age or 135cm in height, whichever they reach first, must use the correct child restraints appropriate for their weight/height under UK law.
FS Motorhomes authorizes pet(s) to be taken on board if:
• prior written consent has been obtained from FS Motorhomes
• an increased Security Deposit is paid (see section: 19, Security Deposit)
• they are not left in the vehicle unattended
• they are not allowed on any of the soft furnishings or upholstery (this includes the beds, seats/sofas)
• the Vehicle is returned in a clean and tidy condition as if a pet was never present. Should this not be the case or any pet hairs are found, cleaning charges and upholstery cleaning charges will apply. The minimum charge for this is £100.00
• you agree to cover the cost of all damage caused by a pet, even if it exceeds the Security Deposit (see section 17, Rental and other charges for further details)
• FS Motorhomes Pet policy is signed and adhered to
• Age limits:
Standard insurance: 25 to 70 years
Insurance for over 70’s drivers: 71- 75 years. This is by special request and agreement only with FS Motorhomes & their insurer. FS Motorhomes must be notified at the time of booking should any driver be over the age of 70. Additional information will need to be provided and the cover is not guaranteed. CDW is not offered to Bookings with any driver(s) over the age of 70
• Maximum of 3 drivers per rental.
• All drivers must have held a valid license for more than 3 years that entitles them to drive a UK category B vehicle up to 3500kg GMW
• The driver must be able to demonstrate that they have driven on a regular basis (More than 3 times per week) for at least 3 years and feel confident to drive a Vehicle of the dimensions of our largest motorhome 7.5m long, 2.4m wide and 3.2m high
• Drivers holding only an automatic driving license can only hire our auto models and this must be declared at the time of Booking
• All drivers must be present at checkout of the Motorhome. No exceptions can be made
• Production of a full, valid standard driver’s license, as well as a valid passport, are required from all drivers at the start of hire
• Copies will be taken of all identification presented and will be retained for 7 years for the purpose of, but not limited to the defense of any legal claim(s)
• If you have a photocard GB license we require the photocard and your NI (National Insurance) number to check your license details on the DVLA’s online system. We are unable to insure you if we have not DVLA checked your license details
• If you have a modern Northern Ireland license, we require both the photocard and the paper counterpart
• Your license address must be your current home address, if not, then in addition to this we will require either a utility bill or bank statement which has your name and current address listed
• All drivers whose licenses are issued outside of the EU or Commonwealth are required to supply a valid International driving permit alongside your standard license at the start of hire. This must be issued in the country your standard license was issued and must confirm you are able to drive a UK category B Vehicle up to 3500kg GMW. Should any driver fail to present all the correct documentation and identification on collection of the motorhome or do not meet the driver requirements stated in the terms and conditions, then FS Motorhomes will be unable to release the motorhome and no refunds will be given
• Endorsements on licenses: you must declare at the time of booking if there are any endorsements on your license. FS Motorhomes can accept up to 6 speeding points that occurred within the last 3 years (charges apply). For more than 6 points or for any conviction other than for speeding, including, but not limited to the following codes: AC, BA, CD, DD, DR, IN, LC, MS, UT, MR, and TT or for any driver disqualification within the last 5 years, FS Motorhomes may not be able to get cover. No refund will be given if the hire is canceled because we are unable to insure you to drive.
• Insurance claims: You must declare at the time of booking if you have made or had a Vehicle insurance claim made against you within the last 5 years. FS Motorhomes may not be able to get cover should you have had 2 or more claims within the last 3 years
• Driver occupations: you must declare your occupation on a collection of the Vehicle. FS Motorhomes may not be able to offer cover for the following occupations:
Serving Foreign Armed services personal
Embassy employees based in the UK
Students under the age of 30
Should the driver not disclose that they fulfill one of the above occupations even in a part-time capacity, this will render the agreement as void and the hirer will be fully liable.
• Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g.: parking tickets, congestion charges, speeding fines) which are incurred during the period of hire
• FS Motorhomes is unable to insure any driver with no fixed abode
- Insurance (provided all the personal information supplied is correct)
The Vehicle is insured for theft and damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party, but does not include any personal insurance for the Customer (including death or bodily injury to the driver) or cover any personal possessions. The vehicle insurance is arranged by GRP. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of GB£1500.00 per accident, reported incident, or Vehicle theft. In the event of any damage to either the Vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the first GB£1500.00 per claim. In the event of the theft of the vehicle, the hirer will be liable for the full cost of the Vehicle; once a theft has been reported to both FS Motorhomes and the police, a claim will be lodged with the insurer. The keys must be returned to FS Motorhomes. Should the insurer accept the claim and agrees to reimburse FS Motorhomes for the cost of the vehicle, the liability to the hirer will reduce to the first GB£1500.00 of the claim (excess). Please note: if the keys are not returned to FS Motorhomes, the insurer will not accept the claim, and liability for the full cost of the Vehicle will remain with the hirer.
Only persons named on the Rental Agreement are insured to drive the Vehicle. Please note that no insurance cover (including CDW) is offered for Overhead Damage, any damaged deemed as gross negligence, or any internal damages therefore the hirer accepts full liability for these which is in addition to the standard vehicle excess should that apply. Windscreens and /or tyre damage is not covered by the standard vehicle insurance and therefore excess, however, Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) does cover these items, (conditions apply), please see section 29, Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) for further details.
FS Motorhomes will be responsible should damage to personal possessions or bodily injury occur (including death) as a result of proven gross negligence on FS Motorhomes part i.e. our actions or failure to act. FS Motorhomes will not be responsible for any loss which is a side effect of the main loss e.g. loss of profits or opportunity. This is separate from the vehicle insurance provided.
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
Collision Damage Waiver at £35.00 per night will reduce the GB£1500.00 excess for damage caused due to a Road Traffic Accident (RTA) or collision (i.e. reported accident) to either the vehicle or third party property to £0. It will also cover the cost of replacement tyres or windscreen. However, it will not cover any damage to the Vehicle or third-party property caused through a reversing maneuver, any damage deemed as malicious i.e. Vehicle break-in or vandalism, cover the replacement or repair of windows, or cover the theft of the Vehicle. No insurance cover is offered for Overhead Damage, any damage deemed as gross negligence, or any internal damages therefore full liability will apply. This applies in respect of the first incident and/or claim, not the entire duration of the rental. Once an accident has occurred CDW cannot be restarted and standard insurance terms will apply. The incident must be reported to FS Motorhomes within 24 hours otherwise the CDW cover will not be applicable. The maximum charge term for CDW is 21 nights.
Should the Terms and Conditions not be adhered to, the CDW will be void and the Customer will be liable in full for all costs and damages. Please note that the CDW is completely optional and can be decided upon collection of your vehicle. After the hire has commenced, CDW cannot be taken out. CDW cannot be offered to drivers over the age of 70.
- Vehicle Damage – Insurance Cover
You are aware that:
a) The Vehicle is insured for damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party but does not include any personal insurance for the Customer or their possessions
b) Neither the Standard Insurance nor Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) covers Overhead Damage. The hirer will be responsible for the cost to repair all damages
c) You will have to pay an excess for any Insurance claim regardless of which party is at fault for the accident. The insurance excess is GB£1500.00 per claim, not per rental
d) The excess may be reduced or removed, in most circumstances when a Road traffic accident (RTA) has taken place, by taking out CDW cover. Terms apply; (please see clause 29, CDW). If CDW was accepted by the hirer, it is set out under the ‘Insurance Declaration’ on the Rental Agreement and an additional premium must have been paid
e) You will not have any insurance cover and you will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if you breach any of the terms of This Agreement
f) You will be responsible for any damage caused through gross negligence and will not be covered by the insurance including CDW
- Responsibility when an accident occurs
a) In the event of any accident, loss, or damage arising out of the use of the Vehicle, you will
Notify FS Motorhomes within 24hrs of the happening of the event
ii. Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
iii. Complete an accident claim form as supplied
iv. If the accident occurs in Europe then in addition you must complete the European accident report form as supplied
v. Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer, or other like offer
vi. Assist FS Motorhomes in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence
b) You acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by you in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss, or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the Rental Period, regardless of which party is at fault
c) You will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over Vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault
d) No Security Deposit or insurance excess will be refunded until any claim is settled
a) You shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including checking oil, coolant and AdBlue levels, tyre pressures, and batteries. AdBlue only applies to 2019 Ford models and all 2020 models
b) You are aware that the vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of diesel, AdBlue, and a full tank of gas and that it is my responsibility to replenish these throughout my hire and return these all full otherwise charges will apply. FS Motorhomes will not be held responsible should I run out of any of these during my hire
c) You acknowledge that FS Motorhomes will reimburse you for expenditure up to UK £40.00 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the Vehicle (not including the water system, refrigerator, heating, audio, and DVD equipment, provided that:
i. You produce relevant receipts: and
ii. You have received the prior consent of FS Motorhomes
iii. The damage is not due to my fault or my breach of This Agreement
d) Subject to the terms of This Agreement, you will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the Rental Period. FS Motorhomes will reimburse you for expenditure reasonably incurred if:
i. The tyre is defective and is returned by you to FS Motorhomes for inspection; and
ii. You produce relevant receipts; and
iii. The manufacturer accepts liability under his warranty
iv. CDW was taken out
e) You will be liable for any costs associated with allowing the engine oil, coolants, or AdBlue (2019 Ford models and all 2020 models) to run empty and cause damage to the Vehicle’s engine
f) You will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All FS Motorhomes motorhomes run on DIESEL
- Credit and Debit Card Payment
Visa card and MasterCard credit cards only. All debit cards accepted. Prepaid currency cards are accepted for payments but not for the Security Deposit.
a) FS Motorhomes will accept payment by credit cards approved by FS Motorhomes
b) When payment is paid by credit, debit, or pre-paid currency card, you agree that:
i. FS Motorhomes is irrevocably authorized to complete any documentation and to take any other action to recover from my credit or debit card issuer all amounts due by you pursuant to This Agreement, including but not limited to those outlined in section 17, Rental and other charges
ii. You will not dispute your liability to FS Motorhomes for any amount due under This Agreement and you shall indemnify and keep FS Motorhomes indemnified against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying your credit or debit card issuer of such dispute
iii. FS Motorhomes may process the credit or debit card voucher; in the event that FS Motorhomes elects to accept payment of the Security Deposit by holding an open security payment, which will be canceled 7 days after the completion of the Rental Period, as per clause 19, Security Deposit, you agree that FS Motorhomes is entitled to recover payment from your credit or debit card issuer pursuant to clause 33, section b, sub-section i & ii, in respect of any amounts due which were not known at the time of canceling the open security payment
g) You acknowledge that all transactions under This Agreement are conducted in Pounds Sterling. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variance between the amount initially debited against your credit or debit card and the amount refunded within 7 days after the expiration of the Rental Period. You release FS Motorhomes from any liability for such variation.
- Payment of Charges, Joint and Several Liability
All charges and expenses payable by you under This Agreement are due on demand by FS Motorhomes. If you do not pay all charges on time, you agree to pay interest at 1.5% per month above the base rate as published by HSBC on the outstanding balance and any additional costs incurred by FS Motorhomes, including reasonable legal fees to recover the outstanding money owed. When the Customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the Customer pursuant to This Agreement.35. Terminating the Agreement
You acknowledge that FS Motorhomes may terminate This Agreement and repossess the Vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that you will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the Vehicle, including towing charges if:
a) You are in breach of any term of This Agreement
b) You have obtained the Vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation
c) Any statement, representation, or warranty made by you in respect to yourself or additional drivers is incorrect
d) The Vehicle appears to be abandoned
e) The Vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or FS Motorhomes reasonably believes that the Vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date
f) FS Motorhomes considers on reasonable grounds that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is in danger. You understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, you have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit
- Release and Indemnity of FS Motorhomes
a) Subject to its obligation to deliver the Vehicle or an appropriate substitute vehicle, you release FS Motorhomes, its employees and agents, from any liability to you (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by you by reason of This Agreement, including but not limited to:
i. Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident, or the Vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose
ii. Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any FS Motorhomes premises or recovered or handled by FS Motorhomes
b) Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with FS Motorhomes, you hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified FS Motorhomes, its employees, and agents against any claims, demands, and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the Vehicle.
Any changes to This Agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of FS Motorhomes and by me.
- Force Majeure
FS Motorhomes will make every effort to ensure that the reserved Motorhome is available for you at the correct time. If due to circumstances beyond our control, this is not possible, and if an alternative or acceptable Motorhome is not available our liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by you.
- My Warranties
You warrant that all information supplied by you to FS Motorhomes in connection with This Agreement is true.
- Proper Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the law of Great Britain in which This Agreement was signed.
- Data Protection
• To fulfill this contract/ agreement placed with us, including but not limited to motorhome hire and production of the Rental agreement, your personal data including copies of all identification documents provided and all data entered in the Rental Agreement will be retained for 7 years for the purpose of, but not limited to the defense of any legal claim(s)
• To fulfill our legal requirements as a vehicle rental company
• We will not transfer your personal data to any third party outside the THL group, unless:
• It is to book a third-party service for you including ferry crossing and taxi transfers
• It is to enroll you in a third-party membership including caravan club, camping, and caravanning club, and English heritage memberships
• It is for on-road Vehicle assistance for example vehicle recovery/breakdown providers and repair workshops
• It is to our insurer and GRP
• It is to the police, local authorities, councils, or DVLA if we suspect or are notified that a road traffic offense/ contravention has occurred
• It is to local authorities, councils, and private parking companies if we suspect or are notified that you breached private parking terms and conditions, dart and congestion charges
• To insurance companies if we suspect or are notified of an incident with a third party
• It is to the police, DVLA, and Customs and Port authorities if we suspect or are alerted to criminal activity
• Our bank or merchant provider in line with transactional processing
• You are in breach of our agreement in which case we may notify the BVRLA’s RISC database, police, our solicitors, debt collection agencies, credit reference agencies, and any other relevant organizations
• The third party is our subcontractor or a member of our companies, who is processing personal data on our behalf securely and in accordance with our instructions
• It is between software systems that we use for the purpose of our business as a vehicle rental company including but not limited to Aurora, Cosmos, Sugar CRM, Workshop software, Airtables, Google drive, Mailchimp
• It is for feedback on our products and services provided
• You have submitted a photo to a competition that we have run. By entering our competition you agree to the photo(s) you submit being posted to our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and other social media sites. We may also use it for posters and advertising and share it with our partners, wholesale and web-based agents for them to use for their own marketing purposes
• It is otherwise authorized under the Data Protection Act
• We are part of the THL group and we and our group of companies may use your personal information for marketing purposes and to keep you informed by post, telephone, SMS, email, or other electronic means about products and services which may be of interest to you. We will only contact you if you have selected to hear about our services and offers on our feedback form that is completed at the end of your hire and we will only use the contact methods that you have agreed to. If at any point you would like to stop receiving information from us, you can click unsubscribe at the base of any email or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your name from the marketing database.
By entering into This Agreement, you agree that we can process and store your personal information in connection with This Agreement including data collected from the Vehicle which may include your location(s) from our vehicle tracking system, and also diagnostics (telematics). We may use your information to analyze statistics, for market research, credit control, and to protect our assets.
You agree that if you break the terms of This Agreement we can pass your personal information to any relevant organization. We can also give this information to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), which can share your personal information with its members to prevent crime and protect their assets, as allowed under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Entire Agreement
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties, or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of This Agreement. FS Motorhomes reserves the right to add or amend the Vehicle specifications and rental charges without prior notice. This Agreement does not affect your statuary rights under civil law.